Yahoo Tracking

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2002
      SPECIAL NOTICE ABOUT YAHOO!!!

      Saw this on another list and thought I should let you all know about
      it...

      Yahoo groups are using web beacons (cookies) to track users OUTSIDE
      of Yahoo's sites. You can opt out of this program by going here:

      <http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html>

      After you click on the "opt out" link, pay attention to the next
      page. The gray button that comes up CANCELS the opt out, so don't
      click it.

      Note that this opt out is effective only on the browser on the machine
      you are currently using. If you use more than one machine and/or more
      than one browser, you will need to do the opt out on each one.

      Glenn