From the Bob Bedford clipping file:
November 1, 1902 - FOR CONSTRUCTION CREWS - Cars No. 14 and 15 of the
FJ&G steam division which were originally purchased for traffic
between Johnstown and Gloversville when the Cayadutta Company
threatened competition and were fitted with side seats, have been
fitted up for the use of the construction crew on the line between
Johnstown and Schenectady. One car has been furnished with bunks and
the other will be used for living purposes for the engineer, fireman,
conductor and bonding crew. The coaches have a stove in the center.
At present, rails are being laid east of Amsterdam at a rapid rate.