One Hundred Years Ago - 10/31/1902

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      From the Bob Bedford clipping file:

      October 31, 1902 - NOT SO SOON - We have been led to believe that the
      trolley cars would be run between Amsterdam and Johnstown in a very
      few days. We now learn that the company proposes to construct the
      double track before traffic will begin. The single track, which is
      quite completed, cannot be used by trolley cars in the meantime
      because a construction train occupies the track in hauling material.