Re: LASB and 40 foot box cars

  • mark_jacob2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "andrewsfusco" <fusco@b...> wrote:
      > Mark, if you get up that way again, check it out from the
      otherside.
      > There's not much brush on the otherside. It's flush against the
      > numbers and lettering very readable.
      Yeah, I just never looked on that side as I didn't know how the
      porperty owners would feel about having me on their loading dock. So,
      you're sure it's numbered 138000 then? Hmm...doesn't seem to fit the
      number series of the others.

      By the way, do you know
      > anything
      > about that FJG flatcar that the historic society in N.J. has?

      Well, it's a black 50' flat, ex FJG 34064. FJG got it from B&M around
      the same time they got their B&M plow I believe. This car is probably
      currently either at the old NJ Transit yard in Morristown, or maybe
      at Meadows Maintenance facility. FYI FJ&G 103 is in Morristown
      restored as Reading 492. If you track down the United Railroad
      Historical Society of NJ's website they have a photo of it, or at
      least they did a while back when I looked.

      Mark