Re: [FJGRailroad] Camera

  • Dean R. Pausley
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2002
      Fort Dix,NJ for  basic,  Gordon  for Military Police, Benning for   weapons and tactics and then off to the Big Red One at  Di An, RVN.

      Dean P.

      ---
    • Stephen G. Myers
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 8, 2002
        I out processed at Fort Dix, one of the happiest days of my life. From there a bus to Grand Central and Amtrak to Schenectady. I WAS FREE!!

         Steve
        .

        On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:57:53 -0400 "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@...> writes:
        Fort Dix,NJ for  basic,  Gordon  for Military Police, Benning for   weapons and tactics and then off to the Big Red One at  Di An, RVN.

        Dean P.

        ---

        in New York State at
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

      • Dean R. Pausley
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
          Processed out in San Francisco, flight to Kennedy then Trailways bus to Albany. It was nice to be home.
          Someday, if I can get the emotional courage together, I want to go to Washington and visit the Wall. Maybe there my freedom will come. Too many convoys, too many miles  in a gun jeep.....one very long Tet.
           Oh well, back to the hobby and not our past. Thanks for the correspondence.

          Dean Pausley
          Brunswick, NY

          ---
        • Glenn J. Williams
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@n...> wrote:
            > [snip]
            > Someday, if I can get the
            > emotional courage together,
            > I want to go to Washington
            > and visit the Wall. Maybe
            > there my freedom will come.
            > [snip]
            > Dean Pausley
            > Brunswick, NY

            Dean,

            Do visit the Wall - you won't regret it.

            I first went during the day to get the general layout. When I
            returned that night, the atmosphere was totally different: quieter,
            more reverent. I looked up the names of two friends and felt I was
            better able to pay my respects to them there than at their graves
            across the river in Arlington National Cemetery.

            Do visit the Wall.

            Glenn
          • Dean R. Pausley
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
              Sorry about about the post, reply was meant for Steve. Hit the list button by mistake.

              Dean P.

              ---
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                One of us is missing their camera, correct?  If you are the anxious one, contact me at my personal eMail address for information.  If I don't hear I know a couple of us are not on this list and I will contact them.

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                  Its not me. Thank you for organizing the trip up the Mountain Lake ROW. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

                  To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  From: pklarner@...
                  Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:45:27 -0400
                  Subject: [FJGRailroad] Camera