Re: Busline

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2000
      MVT acquired the FJ&G buses, a list of which is attached to the transfer. I
      rode the MVT buses to school at Burke in the early 60's. They only went the
      E. Fulton, E. Boulevard, 2nd Ave., Kingsboro Ave., State St., N. Main route
      in those days. I also rode one of the interurbans in 1966, from G to S
      during an ice storm to see a friend of mine because my dad was smarter than
      I and wouldn't let me drive the car. That was a trip and a half getting
      from G to Niskayuna. If I remember the bus terminated at Amsterdam because
      of the weather and I took a cab from there. Needless to say I spent the
      night, then had to figure a way home. I may have used the bus for that too.
      It seems stupid now but I didn't come home for the weekend to see my
      parents.

      I have no idea how much other service there was in the city. The home bus
      went Kingsboro Ave. south so I'm comfortable that that was not a regular
      route. The morning trip made stops and was a continuation of the trip from
      Johnstown where it also picked up kids. We had commutation type tickets.
      It is entirely possible that the bus service was "extra," I haven't gotten
      into the bus lines yet, although I have some material.

      I also knew a couple of guys who took the bus to Amsterdam for school during
      this same period.

      Paul