Re: [FJGRailroad] Boxcars

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2002
      Mark J- The F-79 on the box cars means the date the car was light
      weighed.It use to be required every 5 years. The "F" stood that it was
      weighed in Fonda.If we caught a car outdated on the light weight,we
      would weigh it on the scales in Fonda, then also restenciled it. I use
      to have a box of stencils and spray paint with me on the engine.I dont
      know any other company would do it,but it was one of our jobs.If we
      caught a foreign car outdated,the company would make profits off it.
      Mark