Maps!!!, Even the FJ&G!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 1999
      Thought that I'd pass on an interesting research too for anything in
      North America, including the FJ&G. I found a web site that contains
      MAPS from all over. I entered Fonda NY, zoomed in to "ZOOM 2, 500 feet
      above ground", and was able to follow the FJ&G right to Broadilbin! Not
      only that, most of the electric line is shown right from FONDA! All
      crossings and rivers are clearly marked on the maps, most are named if
      you zoom down enough.

      I tried a few places in Canada and the US, including on that wasn't on a
      higher altitude map, Greenwood, Nova Scotia. At first the map just
      showed a red cross off in the middle of nowhere, then I zoomed in and
      found an accurate street map of the place I used to live.

      All of these maps are printable, in color, gray tones, or black and
      white. I was able to take the small image, save it, rotate it 90
      degrees, and print it length wise under �fit the page' for a larger
      copy. You can use the find feature to enter two locations (where you
      are and where you want to be) and they will cough up maps with the best
      routes to get you there. Under "find", you can find out were to stay,
      shop, and were to gas your car up.

      For planning a trip, or just researching your favorite rail lines, this
      can help out a lot.

      The address is Http://mapblast.com/mblast/index.mb

      Check it out, it's worth your time, Paul