Toolhouse in ICC Photo- Model plans and construction

  • cf76triumph
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2002
      DaimlerChrysler is still managing to get along without me so I have
      had time to work on a couple of pet projects. I've created a new
      folder under files entitled Plans and Articles and in that folder
      posted a file named building toolhouse 184.pdf. This is a construction
      article similar to a magazine article. If you click on the file it
      will download and in my case opened a version of Adobe Acrobat reader
      in my Netscape browser. I don't know if you need to have Acrobat
      reader on your hard drive or if this is a component of Netscape. In
      anycase, once it opens you can save it on your harddrive. I'd like
      some people to look at the article and let me know if it has any value
      to the group. Acrobat reader can be downloaded free from adobe.com and
      is good to have since this is a good way to distribute information
      that was created with a program that you might not have on your PC.
      The only qualification is that you can print this file but you can't
      modify it.

      I realize that we are running short on server space so in the next
      couple of days I am going to remove a few of my older files.
      These will likely be:
      buslogo.jpg.
      fjg-diamond.jpg
      fjg flatcar.jpg
      fjg-prop.jpg
      and the entire New company logos folder.

      Sorry I missed the Aug 10 get together. We had a family get together
      that weekend and in honor of the group I ate and drank too much.
      PS--to me the Sport Island will always be the site of the Beachcomber
      where I fell in love more than once, usually right before closing.
      Regards to all,
      Saul
    • stevefjg20
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2002
        ---Great job Saul!!! I love it,alot of good info in there,Saul is
        right this looks like a pretty easy scratch build so if you haven't
        tried it give it a shot it's lots of fun.I think i might do a model
        of the Johnstown tool house I know i will be doing Gloversville and
        Broadalbin tool houses.Keep up the good work Saul i know stuff like
        this is a great asset to me .

        Steve L
      • dowens15228
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2002
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "cf76triumph" <skalbfel@i...> wrote:
          > DaimlerChrysler is still managing to get along without me so I have
          > had time to work on a couple of pet projects. I've created a new
          > folder under files entitled Plans and Articles and in that folder
          > posted a file named building toolhouse 184.pdf. (snip)

          Great Saul! Just what I need to get me started on the buildings for
          my layout. Thanks so much for the info.

          Dan Owens

          P.S. I don't think Gino waited until closing time! (Grin)
        • cf76triumph
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2002
            I'm trying to get some experience preparing construction articles
            written for the popular railroad magazines. Railroad Model Craftsman
            has had my plans for the GLF Farm Feed store in Johnstown for over two
            years. I sent them a letter a few weeks ago asking if they did not
            want the article to please return it. They haven't replied yet.I have
            several other sets of plans that might be of interest to the group
            that I may post.
            Saul