Re: [FJGRailroad] Camera

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2002
      Fort Jackson, SC was basic, Fort Gordon  was MOS training, commo I presume??  I remember hopping a Southern Railway freight through Augusta, Ga!

      Steve

      .

      On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:10:27 -0400 "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@...> writes:
      Steve:
              Fort Gordon, did some advanced MOS training there in ' 67. for a northern boy there was  plenty of Southern "hot" pitality in the place. Went from there to Benning and on to Viet Nam.

      Dean P.

      ---

      in New York State at
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

    • Dean R. Pausley
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2002
        Fort Dix,NJ for  basic,  Gordon  for Military Police, Benning for   weapons and tactics and then off to the Big Red One at  Di An, RVN.

        Dean P.

        ---
      • Stephen G. Myers

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
            Processed out in San Francisco, flight to Kennedy then Trailways bus to Albany. It was nice to be home.
            Someday, if I can get the emotional courage together, I want to go to Washington and visit the Wall. Maybe there my freedom will come. Too many convoys, too many miles  in a gun jeep.....one very long Tet.
             Oh well, back to the hobby and not our past. Thanks for the correspondence.

            Dean Pausley
            Brunswick, NY

            ---
          • Glenn J. Williams
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
              --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@n...> wrote:
              > [snip]
              > Someday, if I can get the
              > emotional courage together,
              > I want to go to Washington
              > and visit the Wall. Maybe
              > there my freedom will come.
              > [snip]
              > Dean Pausley
              > Brunswick, NY

              Dean,

              Do visit the Wall - you won't regret it.

              I first went during the day to get the general layout. When I
              returned that night, the atmosphere was totally different: quieter,
              more reverent. I looked up the names of two friends and felt I was
              better able to pay my respects to them there than at their graves
              across the river in Arlington National Cemetery.

              Do visit the Wall.

              Glenn
            • Dean R. Pausley
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
                Sorry about about the post, reply was meant for Steve. Hit the list button by mistake.

                Dean P.

                ---
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                  One of us is missing their camera, correct?  If you are the anxious one, contact me at my personal eMail address for information.  If I don't hear I know a couple of us are not on this list and I will contact them.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                    Its not me. Thank you for organizing the trip up the Mountain Lake ROW. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

                    To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    From: pklarner@...
                    Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:45:27 -0400
                    Subject: [FJGRailroad] Camera