Re: [FJGRailroad] Camera

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2002
      I've got a Minolta in the closet that keeps acting up too, I have no clue
      where to bring it. My Canon AV-1 has been with me since 1981 from Fort
      Gordon, Ga to Fort Carson, Co, to Germany where I woke up in the field
      one early morning and found my helmet filled with water and my camera
      right in the bottom!! Well, she still worked, and continues to work 21
      years later.

      Steve

      .
      .
      On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:40:28 +0000 "joseph Klapkowski"
      <riverlinejoe@...> writes:

      > I need help (many people have told me that anyway) My 28 year old
      > Pentax SP
      > 1000 has ceased working as has my Minolta backup camera. Both of
      > them for
      > some reason do not want to open the shutter when the button is
      > depressed. I
      > suspect that it isn't worth fixing either but does anyone know where
      > I can
      > go to a reputible camera guy and at least have them looked at ? (I
      > lve in
      > West Point/work in Manhattan)
      >
      > Second question. I have not been in the camera market for a long
      > time. I
      > would like to solicit ideas on a replacement camera. I have always
      > been a
      > manual camera fanatic so I am not too interested in lots of bells
      > and
      > whistles.
      >
      > Finally if any of you have a camera that you are looking to get rid
      > of
      > please let me know. I have Kodachrome (and one roll of FUJI, John)
      > that I
      > want to shoot the fall colors with !
      >

      > Thanks in advance.

      > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Dean R. Pausley
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2002
        Steve:
                Fort Gordon, did some advanced MOS training there in ' 67. for a northern boy there was  plenty of Southern "hot" pitality in the place. Went from there to Benning and on to Viet Nam.

        Dean P.

        ---
      • Stephen G. Myers
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2002
          Fort Jackson, SC was basic, Fort Gordon  was MOS training, commo I presume??  I remember hopping a Southern Railway freight through Augusta, Ga!

          Steve

          .

          On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:10:27 -0400 "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@...> writes:
          Steve:
                  Fort Gordon, did some advanced MOS training there in ' 67. for a northern boy there was  plenty of Southern "hot" pitality in the place. Went from there to Benning and on to Viet Nam.

          Dean P.

          ---

          in New York State at
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

        • Dean R. Pausley
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 7, 2002
            Fort Dix,NJ for  basic,  Gordon  for Military Police, Benning for   weapons and tactics and then off to the Big Red One at  Di An, RVN.

            Dean P.

            ---
          • Stephen G. Myers

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
                Processed out in San Francisco, flight to Kennedy then Trailways bus to Albany. It was nice to be home.
                Someday, if I can get the emotional courage together, I want to go to Washington and visit the Wall. Maybe there my freedom will come. Too many convoys, too many miles  in a gun jeep.....one very long Tet.
                 Oh well, back to the hobby and not our past. Thanks for the correspondence.

                Dean Pausley
                Brunswick, NY

                ---
              • Glenn J. Williams
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
                  --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@n...> wrote:
                  > [snip]
                  > Someday, if I can get the
                  > emotional courage together,
                  > I want to go to Washington
                  > and visit the Wall. Maybe
                  > there my freedom will come.
                  > [snip]
                  > Dean Pausley
                  > Brunswick, NY

                  Dean,

                  Do visit the Wall - you won't regret it.

                  I first went during the day to get the general layout. When I
                  returned that night, the atmosphere was totally different: quieter,
                  more reverent. I looked up the names of two friends and felt I was
                  better able to pay my respects to them there than at their graves
                  across the river in Arlington National Cemetery.

                  Do visit the Wall.

                  Glenn
                • Dean R. Pausley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 9, 2002
                    Sorry about about the post, reply was meant for Steve. Hit the list button by mistake.

                    Dean P.

                    ---
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                      One of us is missing their camera, correct?  If you are the anxious one, contact me at my personal eMail address for information.  If I don't hear I know a couple of us are not on this list and I will contact them.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
                        Its not me. Thank you for organizing the trip up the Mountain Lake ROW. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

                        To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
                        From: pklarner@...
                        Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:45:27 -0400
                        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Camera