Trolley Storage Yard in Gloversville

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
      As the trolleys became less necessary (service reductions) they were put to
      pasture on the storage tracks adjacent the carbarn in Gloversville. Many of
      the pictures taken on the excursions in the mid thirties, and by those
      prescient enough to see the end was near and had time (and money) enough to
      make the pilgrimage to Gloversville, document the condition of many of the
      cars shoved away to decay. Some photos taken after the shut down show them
      in all sorts of disrepair and dismantling. Then there are those sorry
      photos of the parades to Broadalbin Junction; their last movement to
      extinction.

      Similarly the old coaches were shoved down on the track just west of the
      main almost to the intersection of Broad and Main where they sat waiting
      movement to the junction. I haven't seen many photos of cars on the tracks
      south of Pine Street. The original Fulton County coal company building was
      at the junction of Broad and S. Main until the FJ&G built the new coal house
      in 1901 and put the electric track through. There were two tracks into the
      building and one or two storage tracks down there at one time.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
        Well you left this part out but i can guess. They went to Broadalbin
        junction to be burned?

      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@h...>