FJ&G Spreader (and NYS&W plows)

  • mark_jacob2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hey All,
      With all the talk of the possibly burned snowplow 202, and Gino's
      reference to the spreader, I was wondering if anyone had or knew of
      any photos of this spreader. I asked this question about a year ago
      and was pointed to an old issue of Rails Northeast which I have not
      been ale to turn up. HAs anyone run across any other photos of this
      spreader? Also, when was it acquired by the FJ&G? Was it bought by
      DO, or before they took over? I know it came from the Louisiana
      Midland (which is where many of DO's former-PC boxcars came from as
      well).

      Also, would anyone have or know of any photos of either or both of
      the two ex-Maine Central NYS&W plows (71 & 72, renumbered 91 and 92
      when NYSW painted them)either right before MEC sold them or right
      after NYS&W bought them, before they were painted yellow? I've tried
      the Yahoo MEC and NYS&W groups without too much luck but maybe
      someone on this list can help.

      Thanks!

      Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2002
        Well since I took the photograph of the LOAM spreader that was in RNE that
        everyone has referenced I suppose I could dig up the negative. I believe I
        have shots of it in action too.
        I do jot think the FJ&G bought it as my recollection is that it was only on
        the FJ&G a short while, maybe just the one summer.

        >From: "mark_jacob2000" <mark_jacob2000@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Spreader (and NYS&W plows)
        >Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:45:12 -0000
        >
        >Hey All,
        >With all the talk of the possibly burned snowplow 202, and Gino's
        >reference to the spreader, I was wondering if anyone had or knew of
        >any photos of this spreader. I asked this question about a year ago
        >and was pointed to an old issue of Rails Northeast which I have not
        >been ale to turn up. HAs anyone run across any other photos of this
        >spreader? Also, when was it acquired by the FJ&G? Was it bought by
        >DO, or before they took over? I know it came from the Louisiana
        >Midland (which is where many of DO's former-PC boxcars came from as
        >well).
        >
        >Also, would anyone have or know of any photos of either or both of
        >the two ex-Maine Central NYS&W plows (71 & 72, renumbered 91 and 92
        >when NYSW painted them)either right before MEC sold them or right
        >after NYS&W bought them, before they were painted yellow? I've tried
        >the Yahoo MEC and NYS&W groups without too much luck but maybe
        >someone on this list can help.
        >
        >Thanks!
        >
        >Mark

      • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2002
          > Hey All,
          > With all the talk of the possibly burned snowplow 202, and Gino's
          > reference to the spreader, I was wondering if anyone had or knew of
          > any photos of this spreader. I asked this question about a year ago
          > and was pointed to an old issue of Rails Northeast which I have not
          > been ale to turn up. HAs anyone run across any other photos of this
          > spreader? > Thanks!
          >
          > Mark

          Mark,

          I'm close to getting you a picture of the spreader in action!

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2002
            I jabve the negatives from the Rails Northeast artical. Contact me
            offline.........