Railfanning is........

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 5:44 AM
      And now for a little happy reflection.........
      By the way this really happened to me.

      It has been a long time since I read railfan but think they used to have a
      piece every month called Railfanning is..............

      I wrote this twelve or fifteen years ago and was tickled when I found it the
      other day and thought I would share it with the list

      Railfanning is.................

      Being stuck on the I-80 appropach ramp from the GSP watching NJT U-34 chs
      flash past on the mailine while radio's Don Imus recalls how he
      single-handedly averted near disaster in the Tehachapi Mountains while
      working for Southern Pacific.