Bicycle path?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 1999
      Back in the mid-80's I was put in touch with a man named Lewis Decker of
      Gloversville. He had just retired from being the county historian. At
      the time he had an informal historical society on the go which included
      a few ex-FJ&G employees. I talked to him on the phone a couple of
      times, but he did not know a lot about the railroad, but one thing that
      he did know about was plans to develop the right of way. At the time,
      plans were to pave the mainline from the old enginehouse in Gloversville
      to South Johnstown. This was to be used as a walking/bicycle path. He
      also stated the section north of the High Bridge to South Johnstown, and
      a section from North Gloversville to Broadlbin, was under consideration
      to be turned into a hiking/snowmobile trail. He told me that any
      questions about the FJ&G should be mailed to him, and he would pose them
      to the ex- employees, which I did, but never heard from him again, too
      bad.

      Paul
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 1999
        I believe that the FJG trail is under way and that a section between
        Gloversville and Johnstown has been paved Paul. I think they plan on
        paving the whole line. I'd rather see tracks there than pavement...

        Visit Gino's RailPage...
        Home of The F.J.G.R.R.
        http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos