2nd Annual August Gettogether

  • dowens15228
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
      For those of us who are coming from out of town, is there some
      place/person we can call to check on last minute plan changes etc?

      Dan Owens
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
        Dan or anyone else.

        You can call me at 518-587-9241! The weather for this weekend looks
        good! I can't imagine anything going wrong that we wouldn't get together!
        I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday! For those of you
        attending, we will be meeting at the Boxcar Museum at 10 am Saturday
        morning. The Boxcar is located on West Fulton Street. It's real easy
        to find and there is plenty of parking. The best way to get there is
        to head West on Fulton Street from Route 30a (Arterial Highway). If you
        are coming from Johnstown, you want to take a left onto Fulton Street and
        go about a mile and a half. The Boxcar and park will be on the right.
        We usually hang out around there until 11:30 or so. That way if you are
        a little late, we won't head out without you! As for Uncle Leo, you are
        usually 4 hours late for everything so I don't know what to tell you! I
        will also bring my beeper with me if someone is late and wants to know
        where we're hiding! My beeper number is 518-484-5230. Any other questions,
        please email or give me a ring!

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
          > Dan or anyone else.
          >
          > Snip!

          Thanks Gino, I'll be there!

          Dan Owens
        • glenn_j_williams
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
            > Dan or anyone else.
            >
            > You can call me at 518-587-9241!
            > [snip]
            > My beeper number is 518-484-5230.
            > [snip]
            > Gino

            Or you can call my pager: 1-800-759-8888, PIN 115-8977. When
            prompted, use option 2 to leave a text message. You will talk with a
            REAL PERSON in order to do that!

            Glenn
          • mwilber@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
              Gino-Drove through Saratoga yesterday.How do you local residents
              tolerate all the congestion in the village created by the tourists? Mark
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2002
                Mark,

                I live in the bastard part of Saratoga. It's still the city of Saratoga,
                but it is removed from the heart of the city. The cops only drive
                through twice a week! I only have to put up with all the tourists when
                I go out to Wal-Mart!

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2002
                  or

                  >From: "glenn_j_williams" <103424.2304@...>
                  >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Alternate Pager Number
                  >Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:01:23 -0000
                  >
                  >--- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                  > > Dan or anyone else.
                  > >
                  > > You can call me at 518-587-9241!
                  > > [snip]
                  > > My beeper number is 518-484-5230.
                  > > [snip]
                  > > Gino
                  > >

                  >Or you can call my pager: 1-800-759-8888, PIN 115-8977. When
                  >prompted, use option 2 to leave a text message. You will talk with a
                  >REAL PERSON in order to do that!
                  >
                  > Glenn

                  or cell phone 518-424-6065 but I will be running close too.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 7, 2002
                    Coming home last Sunday I ran into the crowd from the track getting out and
                    those going to a concert at SPAC. I stopped at the first restaurant and had
                    dinner rather than sit for an hour or more in traffic. This weekend I went
                    north an exit on the northway and back tracked to get over to Greenfield.

                    You need a casual life style and no place particular to go if you come to
                    Saratoga on a weekend in the summer. Surprisingly while the horses are
                    running, it's the best time to be downtown but get out of town by 4:30 or
                    plan to have dinner.

                    PKL