Park Station Sold

  • cf76triumph
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
      This is absolutely wonderful news, after all the indignities it has
      suffered over the years. What can anyone say about the purchaser? Can
      he return it to its former appearance, meaning restoring the agents
      office at the south end of the building. I have a very good set of
      pictures that I took around 1970 of the details of the building, but
      that was after it had been pretty well trashed. I don't know what else
      to say except that I hope the buyer can convert it to some use that
      preserves it for posterity and maintains the character of the original
      design.
      Regards,
      Too far away in Mich.
      Saul
    • Dick Ryall
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2002
        Saul, you don`t know what far away is.....dick, in Idaho

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
          Saul,

          I talked to Mr. Monster and he wants to restore the station to 1920!
          He wants it exactly like it was from day one and he says we're all
          welcome to visit her when she's done. Mr. Monster has a web-design
          business and I'm thinking he's going to put his offices there! It
          is good news for the station!

          This is absolutely wonderful news, after all the indignities it has
          suffered over the years. What can anyone say about the purchaser? Can
          he return it to its former appearance, meaning restoring the agents
          office at the south end of the building. I have a very good set of
          pictures that I took around 1970 of the details of the building, but
          that was after it had been pretty well trashed. I don't know what else
          to say except that I hope the buyer can convert it to some use that
          preserves it for posterity and maintains the character of the original
          design.
          Regards,
          Too far away in Mich.
          Saul

          http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

          in New York State at
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

        • dowens15228
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
            What great news! The Sacandaga station will be saved and available
            for future generations to see.

            Dan Owens