Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Inspection Reports

  • Lee Morelli
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 28, 2002
      What does it mean that a train has been outlawed?
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 28, 2002
        Lee-Train crews are not allowed to work more than 12 consecetive hours
        in train service by federal law.Where ever you are,you must stop your
        train and wait for a ride back to your home terminal (via taxi or
        company vehicle). Your still being paid while enroute back (this is
        called deadheading) to your terminal.So you hear about an outlawed
        train,just means that the crew ran out of time. Personal heavy fines may
        result if caught by the FRA (Federal Railroad Administration). You can
        be ordered by the dispatcher to exceed the hours,but only in an
        emergency situation.If a dispatcher orders you to work beyond the 12
        hours,and not an emergency,he is subject to a fine and discipline
        actions by the FRA. Any forced violations occurs,the FRA is usually
        notified by the local union. Mark
      • Lee Morelli
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2002
            Lee- I wont be at the get together.I'll be at my 30th class reunion of
            Cooperstown Central.Mark