Re: Rail to link Binghamton to Syracuse

  • fjg1870
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
      All aboard: Rail to link Binghamton to Syracuse ...

      The trains would connect Binghamton with the Syracuse University
      campus, nightlife at Armory Square, the Carousel Center mall and
      eventually an Amtrak station.

      Two items concerning the above statement. The Carousel Center Mall
      will be, or already has been, renamed Destiny USA and is scheduled to
      be completed in 2005. The city, county and/or Destiny USA has
      received permission to enlarge the Park Street CSX bridge so a 3rd
      track can be laid for On Track (NYS&W) to reach the Amtrak station.
      From what I hear, CSX was against enlarging the bridge because they
      said it would interrupt freight traffic.

      Walt
    • Knixrule1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
        Well, at least CSX will get a great tax break from New York State, they
        have something to be thankful for!
        Steve
        ,
        On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:59:36 -0000 "fjg1870" <waltdanylak@...>
        writes:
        > --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
        > All aboard: Rail to link Binghamton to Syracuse ...
        >
        > The trains would connect Binghamton with the Syracuse University
        > campus, nightlife at Armory Square, the Carousel Center mall and
        > eventually an Amtrak station.
        >
        > Two items concerning the above statement. The Carousel Center Mall
        > will be, or already has been, renamed Destiny USA and is scheduled
        > be completed in 2005. The city, county and/or Destiny USA has
        > received permission to enlarge the Park Street CSX bridge so a 3rd
        > track can be laid for On Track (NYS&W) to reach the Amtrak station.
        >
        > From what I hear, CSX was against enlarging the bridge because they
        >
        > said it would interrupt freight traffic.
        >
        > Walt

        > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • fjg1870
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "fjg1870" <waltdanylak@c...> wrote:
          Two items concerning the above statement. The Carousel Center Mall
          will be, or already has been, renamed Destiny USA ...

          Just found out that the correct to spell the new name is:

          DestiNY USA.

          Walt
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
            I see Guilford is not the only rr that looks a gift horse in the mouth. If
            someone wants to fix that bridge they should let them, before it collapses
            on its own. It needs repair as it stands.

            PKL