http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/index.html

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
      Has anyone been going to George Elwood's train site, it has been
      getting too many visitors and could not handle the traffic so now he is
      asking for donations to keep it going rather than bring in advertisers.
      Take a look, it has always been a terrific site.

      Steve Myers

      .

      .

      .
      .

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • glenn_j_williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2002
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Knixrule1@j... wrote:

        > Has anyone been going to George
        > Elwood's train site. . .
        > [snip]
        > Steve Myers

        Steve,

        < http://www.dnaco.net/~gelwood/index.html >

        His site has always had pictures you couldn't find anywhere else.
        Other listservs have given it a 'must see' review.

        The only complaint I've ever heard is the accuracy of captions, but
        who do you blame? George or the picture submitter? Regardless, it's
        definitely worth supporting just for the pictures.

        Glenn
      • Knixrule1@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
          i think so too, and have been considering sending him five or ten dollars
          toward the upkeep. I don't know how he finds the time to keep up the
          site.

          Steve

          .

          .