Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G ETT

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 4, 2002
      For anyone that knows Lynn Willey, he bought a computer today and I will
      urge him to come onto our chat room, he's a real great guy.

      Steve Myers

      .

      .
      .

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 4, 2002
        Joe,

        This reprinted copy of ETT 110, is this a reprint done by DO for the
        railroad or done outside the company? If done by DO I would like a copy,
        please hold one. If not done by the company, I'm ok.

        Thanks,

        PKL

        >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>
        > > > I have a few copies of the reprinted Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville
        > > > Railroad
        > > > Employee Timetable # 110. This was reprinted in the 1980's and is
        > > > marked as
        > > > such on the back.

      • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
          > I have a few copies of the reprinted Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville Railroad
          > Employee Timetable # 110. This was reprinted in the 1980's and is marked as
          > such on the back. These are FREE to anyone for a SSAE. If you don't want the
          > TT folded I will need and envlope that is 6 x 9.

          > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

          Joe, do you have a copy you can hold for me? Get me your address and I'll
          send out a stamped envelope!

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
            Sure. Joe Klapkowski
            39 Klietz Ave
            Highland Falls N.Y. 10928

            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
              TT # 110 was a single 8 1/2 X 11 sheet folded down the middle so you wound
              up with a 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 four page TT. his particular one is a copy machine
              version done by P.F. Towerman Enterprises. It looks exactly like the
              original except for the back cover says "Reproduction be P.F.Towerman
              Enterprises"

              >From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G ETT
              >Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:03:41 -0400
              >
              >Joe,
              >
              >This reprinted copy of ETT 110, is this a reprint done by DO for the
              >railroad or done outside the company? If done by DO I would like a copy,
              >please hold one. If not done by the company, I'm ok.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >
              >PKL
              >
              > >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>

            • dowens15228
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
                Joe: I'd like to get a copy of the timetable also. I'll send my SASE
                today.

                I'm also looking for a timetable from 1911 0r 1912.

                Thank you

                Dan Owens
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
                  I may have a public timetable from that era but my earliest Ett would be an
                  Electric Division from 1928. Not sure what my earliest ETT from the Steam
                  division is. By the way I have an FJ&G timetable compendium thats about half
                  way complete. that is to say all the TT info is done and it includes the
                  collection of Dave Nestle who let me look over his stuff a few (maybve 15
                  )years ago. Dave had two Mountain Lake Elecetric Ry ETT's. There were
                  seperate Tts for Sat, Sun and M-F.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
                    Thanks Joe. I'm covered as I have an issue of 110. I'm looking for the
                    possible 111 or possible DO reissue of the 110 (don't even know if one
                    existed, kind of like the 1973 FJ&G annual report). It's a long time
                    between 110 and DO 1. I believe DO had to file something with the FRA when
                    they assumed the operation.

                    Paul

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 5, 2002
                      Joe, in your collection of FJ&G ETT you wouldn't happen to have an issue of
                      No. 88, Fall of 1948, of which I could obtain a copy?

                      Paul

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                        I will look.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                          The only DO issue i have ever seen was the 8 1/2 x 11 yellow cover that
                          covered the FJG, CNY and CACV. I do not remember the date offhand but as far
                          as I know that was the last time the FJ&G was mentioned in any ETT.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                            Do you have any copies of that? I have a Xerox copy, but would love to get
                            an original
                            FJG/DO TT!

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                              Well I have ONE copy. Sorry i don't even remember where I got it. off of
                              someone's sales list I think.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 6, 2002
                                Joe,

                                That's is what I believe to be true as well about the timetables. Just not
                                able to confirm it yet - I should just go and ask Walter Rich (if he would
                                remember). I need to talk to him about his phase of the operation sometime
                                but it's still a while off.

                                Another thing I am trying to pin down is when was the first color public
                                timetable folder issued. I can't tell you specifically what I have, because
                                I'm at home for a week and all that stuff is in Saratoga. I have the
                                newspaper article about the FJ&G's new timtable brochure but my earliest
                                issue is a few months earlier - dates to follow when I get back to Saratoga,
                                if anyone cares besides me.

                                Paul

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 7, 2002
                                  Oh i care ! Most of my stuff is the plain small public TTs and the post WWII
                                  ETTs. I don't have any of the very early stuff and it doesn't show up that
                                  often.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 7, 2002
                                    Joe,

                                    When I get back I will let you know what I have. When you mentioned a
                                    compendium, are you trying to determine what is available and list it for
                                    future additions or all that were issued. The publics seem to have been
                                    issued six to eight times a year though I would like to know when they
                                    started issuing timetables. The newspapers were very thorough in their
                                    coverage of train times in the first twenty to thirty years of operation.

                                    In the early part of the last century, rather than issue ETT supplements
                                    they would issue a new ETT number several times a year. Then there are the
                                    timetables in the separate steam division series.

                                    The publics seem to have gone through an evolution from newspaper and
                                    broadsides to small folders to the elaborate color covered folders with much
                                    advertising. I am curious how extensive these latter folders were. The
                                    small pamphlets changed style and "form" a couple of times over their cycle.
                                    It seems the passenger dept. became involved in print advertising
                                    following the consolidation but not after the early teens.

                                    I have no idea how many I am missing in the publics so I only keep track of
                                    the issue date and "form" of those I have, rather than what I am looking
                                    for. Obviously I'm looking for anything I don't have amd they still show
                                    up.

                                    Paul

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 8, 2002
                                      The Compendium project is a work in progress that hasn't moved one inch in
                                      ten years Dave nestle gfave me Access to his collection and so I have about
                                      a three list of tts. But very little of it is the older style timetables. I
                                      would like tyo get this project back on rack but that's probably a project
                                      for the fall. Love to sit down with you though and go over the collction.

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 8, 2002
                                        Joe,

                                        We can certainly do that. August 11th may be the best day. Actually
                                        anytime we are both free will work. I think all of my FJ&G paper
                                        information is at Saratoga, but the older lanterns and other large hardware
                                        items are at St.Albans Bay. I brought the big lanterns (markers semaphore,
                                        switch) and oil cans to one of the meetings, but they really are a pain to
                                        bring down from here. We can save that for another time, maybe a couple
                                        days, to go through the other stuff I have accumulated over the years. Every
                                        item has a story.

                                        Paul

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
                                          Well i am at best doubtful for 8/10. I will be in the adirondaks up around
                                          Bolton Landing at a place called Trout Lake (not actually on Lake George).
                                          Where is St Albans Bay ? Vermont?

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 10, 2002
                                            St. A Bay is twenty three miles north of Burlington and three miles west of
                                            St. Albans in Vermont. On the New York map we are east and slightly north
                                            of Plattsburgh on the far side of the lake. It's closer from Bolton Landing
                                            to Greenfield Center. I believe about an hour drive time down 9N to 87 to 9
                                            at exit 17 to Gailor Road to 9N, then around to the other side of the block
                                            forming the northwest quadrant of the intersection with 9N.