Re: Johnstown Tornado

  • dowens15228
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
      The weather system that spawned the Johnstown Tornado stretched as
      far west as Illinois. A tornado or strong microburst hit Pittsburgh
      and Killed a young woman at KennyWood ( our big amusement park) when
      it toppled the pavilion roof over one of the rides. 54 were injyred,
      and some are still hopitalized.

      Power is still off to thousands of homes scools are closed in some
      areas and some roads are impassible due to fallen trees.

      We were on vacation last week at Chautauqua, and decided not to come
      home until Saturday because we were not done closing up the cottage
      for the summer-otherwise we would have been arriving in town just as
      the storm hit at 7:00 pm.

      Are we thankful or what!

      Dan Owens
    • dowens15228
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
        Paul:

        I've been out of the loop regarding the Sacandaga Park station. Was
        Faust successful in selling it?

        The last time I was up it was still for sale.

        Dan Owens
      • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
          > Paul:
          >
          > I've been out of the loop regarding the Sacandaga Park station. Was
          > Faust successful in selling it?
          >
          > The last time I was up it was still for sale.
          >
          > Dan Owens

          > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

          Dan,

          Faust didn't own the station. I believe he was just renting it! Someone
          new Has bought the station and they intend on fixing it up! It's not going
          Anywhere!

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
            Dan,

            Yes the station has been sold and an endeacor is being made to gather as
            much data on it and the titles to the surrounding land as possible. I have
            here hundreds of deeds for the Park parcels and am trying to find anything
            that may be of significance to him. Haven't started to look yet though.

            Paul