RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Johnstown Tornado

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2002
      Gino,

      I was up there Thursday and it is quite a bit cleaned up. The gentleman who
      is going to restore it must be having an impact on him. Faust (interesting
      choice of a name) will be moving out so the restoration can commence. Does
      anyone on the list have a set of plans for the station? I believe a set
      would have been included in the valuation. These are necessary to assist in
      restoring the building to architectural correctness (a version of PC).

      PKL

      >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
      >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Johnstown Tornado
      >Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 08:34:21 -0500
      >
      >Hey Glenn,
      >
      >maybe you can get Faust to display it with the rest of his "art" (Crap,
      >Junk, choose
      >your own description) at the Sacandaga Park Station! It looks to me like a
      >tornado
      >created his "Interactive" gallery!
      >
      >Gino

    • dowens15228
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
        The weather system that spawned the Johnstown Tornado stretched as
        far west as Illinois. A tornado or strong microburst hit Pittsburgh
        and Killed a young woman at KennyWood ( our big amusement park) when
        it toppled the pavilion roof over one of the rides. 54 were injyred,
        and some are still hopitalized.

        Power is still off to thousands of homes scools are closed in some
        areas and some roads are impassible due to fallen trees.

        We were on vacation last week at Chautauqua, and decided not to come
        home until Saturday because we were not done closing up the cottage
        for the summer-otherwise we would have been arriving in town just as
        the storm hit at 7:00 pm.

        Are we thankful or what!

        Dan Owens
      • dowens15228
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
          Paul:

          I've been out of the loop regarding the Sacandaga Park station. Was
          Faust successful in selling it?

          The last time I was up it was still for sale.

          Dan Owens
        • Gino & Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
            > Paul:
            >
            > I've been out of the loop regarding the Sacandaga Park station. Was
            > Faust successful in selling it?
            >
            > The last time I was up it was still for sale.
            >
            > Dan Owens

            > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

            Dan,

            Faust didn't own the station. I believe he was just renting it! Someone
            new Has bought the station and they intend on fixing it up! It's not going
            Anywhere!

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2002
              Dan,

              Yes the station has been sold and an endeacor is being made to gather as
              much data on it and the titles to the surrounding land as possible. I have
              here hundreds of deeds for the Park parcels and am trying to find anything
              that may be of significance to him. Haven't started to look yet though.

              Paul