Re: Circus Train

  • fjg1870
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., mwilber@w... wrote:
      Walt-Is it the one the use every year for display?I didnt realize its
      there through out the year.Its the yellow car,right?
      Note: The storm that hit Johnstown was in the Binghamton newspaper
      today.It also stated that the tower for WENT was knocked over. Mark

      Mark,

      Yes, it's the yellow car and yes it's there year round as are the
      other cars on display.

      Walt
    • dowens15228
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
        Yeah Gino, I remember t"The Greatest Show on Earth". It also starred
        Jimmy Stewart as Buttons the Clown. You're right it was a great
        scene (If you like wrecks) when the second section rear ends the
        stopped first section.

        As in all Cecil B. DeMille movies the sets were lavish, and the cast
        was big, and Old CB himself narrated parts of it (As he did with the
        Ten Commandements, and the Buccaneer).

        Knowin CB's penchant for realism, he might have bought 2 locos and
        crashed them on purpose for effect!

        Dan Owens
      • charlesvosburgh
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2005
          Just happened to see an East bound Mohawk division Circus train
          through Nelliston at 11:50 AM. Not close enough to make out the name
          on the equipment. Also Avery Van Slyke passed away Saturday, 40 years
          on the railroad out of Utica as dispatcher for NYC, PennCentral, and
          Conrail. He lived in Palatine Bridge. Charlie