Re: [FJGRailroad] web crap and The FJG

    Message 1 of 58 , May 3, 2002
      Well I suppose that I ought to take my lumps here in this forum if you took
      my comments personally. My name is Joe Klapkowski and I am new to the list.
      In fact this is my first post. I had heard that some stuff had disappeared
      from the Gloversville library. I will not say who told me that nor will I
      say who it was said about. The comment came about in the context of I was
      looking for a forum to share some of the FJ&G material that I have collected
      over the years. Gino made some very nice comments about me and the one
      artical I wrote in RailsNortheast a long time ago.

      At any rate I remember visiting Johnstown as a kid and for the most part on
      the weekends when the railroad was closed. It wasn't until the late 70's
      that I could actually arrange to be in Johnstown during the week with a car
      and chase the FJ&G. The result was that somewhat rough piece that Bob Reid
      published in RNE.

      Most of the material that I have came from Dave Nestle and so I am sure that
      it is that same stuff everyone else has. However I do have a freight ledger
      from the 50's that came out of the Johnstown freight house just before it
      burned down. I have always thought it was a shame that it sits in my house
      in Highland Falls NY instead of being shared with people in Johnstown or
      Gloversville. I have actually asked around the Gloversville, Broadalbin and
      Johnstown libraries about thier interest in possibly being the repository
      for this stuff and I got very little reaction.

      I have only attended a couple of the FJG hist society meetings over the
      years because it is hard for me to be there on a Wednesday night since I
      live 160 miles away. I do not know who else is on this list but I know
      Aaaron Keller and somewhere in our discussion I mentioned that over the
      years I have tried to keep in touch with him. He is a very nice fellow and
      again over the years he is the only one I know up that way.

      So Gino while you and I don't know each other you should not take offense at
      anything I mentioned in my post yesterday. It was not directed at you. I
      don't know you to say anything about you one way or the other! I did stumble
      upon your list a few years ago and have been impressed with what you have
      done. It is nice to be able to visit the FJ&G even though I am far away. I
      look forward to returning to Johnstown soon and maybe visiting the
      Broadalbin station and pointing out to my kids where the railroad used to
      go. My wife hates the FJ&G because she got her bike wheels stuck in the
      track and tumbled in the same spot where I shot the FJ&G crossing the street
      "at peculiar angles" I think is what I wrote at the time (I can't remember
      the name of the street).

      So now that I have introduced myself and exposed who the source of Gino's
      frustration is you guys can either 1.) welcome me or 2.) throw me off the
      list.............................

      Now I have a question or two. First does anyone know anything about the FJ&G
      testing an ALCO T-6 ? I have a poor photo showing it at the Johnstown
      freight house. It does not appear to be a NYC engine (I don't think the NYC
      had the T-6 anyway). Second who owns the ex D&H flanger out in Northville ?
      I had heard it was for sale and I might have an interest.

      >From: Dick Ryall <dryall@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] web crap and The FJG
      >Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 22:16:19 -0600
      >
      >Don`t do it Gino, just ignor the dim bulbs who don`t know how to act.
      >
      >"Dicarlo, Gino" wrote:
      > >
      > > I'll tell you, I'm just about ready to quit this whole FJG thing! I've
      > > never asked many people
      > > if I could look at their stuff, but when I have, I've been pushed aside!
      > > Some people have me
      > > wondering why I have anything to do with the railroad! Why do I like
      >the
      > > railroad so much? I don't
      > > know. It's nice to come into some of the items I've stumbled across
      >lately,
      > > but I may have
      > > been happier when I had no outside contact with rail fans and just had
      >my
      > > few FJG pictures
      > > to look at! If one more person tells me to talk to Aaron Keller about
      > > getting copies of their
      > > stuff, I'm going to scream! I had someone today say something about
      >someone
      > > from
      > > Gloversville taking liberties with the material from Gloversville
      >Library
      > > and I hope as hell he
      > > wasn't thinking me!!!! I am so close to shutting down the list and my
      > > web-site! I might use
      > > it to post dirty pictures!!!! You guys can keep the stupid mail list
      > > going!!!
      > >

      > > Visit Gino's Railpage, Now at http://www.fjgrr.com

      >http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

      > > in New York State at
      > > http://ny.existingstations.com/
      > >
      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Dick Ryall
      Message 58 of 58 , May 21, 2002
        Unless it has chanaged, 50,000 watts clear channel was it and WGY was
        or is one. dick