Railroad Research and Tidbits

  • glenn_j_williams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "leedarshi" <LeeDarshi@e...> wrote:
      > Glenn,
      >
      > I love reading these historical tidbits you send the group! Please
      know, I hope you continue and when you run out of new stuff, then
      kindly restart.

      > Lee

      Lee,

      Thanks for the support for me and, more importantly, for Gino.

      We are all just custodians of the information we have gathered. Our
      task is not to hoard it but to share it with others who are
      interested. Hopefully, when put together, it all makes some sense
      and recreates not only the events that happened 'way back when' but
      also why they happened. The more information you have to evaluate,
      the better.

      I was fortunate that years ago Bob Bedford let me copy part of his
      clippings file on the Electric Division. I was lucky enough not to
      lose it in all the moves I have made. The information in it is of no
      use if it sits in my file cabinet, never to see the light of day.

      This message board is a way of sharing information and opinions, of
      asking questions and receiving answers. We're fortunate that Gino
      has moderated it for us. Myself, I've learned so much from it.

      The same applies to Gino's website, too. Did anyone else's heart
      sink when access to it appeared gone? Again, there is a lot of
      useful information there, information which Gino has willingly shared
      with us, information which we have shared with each other.

      One fellow I supervised some time ago took a too-proprietory attitude
      to the loss data he processed. I had to remind him, "Zeke, they're
      not your losses. They're the company's. We're just letting you play
      with them for a while."

      Glenn