Freight on the Electric Division

  • glenn_j_williams
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
      > A while back on the list, some
      > of us were asking if freight was
      > ever moved over the FJG electric
      > line? I think this story is
      > somewhat proof of this, but most
      > of all it tells us that coal was
      > delivered from the NYCRR to the
      > Tribes Hill Power House, but I
      > think it was by FJG electric
      > engine, not NYC steam!
      >
      > Gino

      The ICC valuation pictures which Saul posted hint at some interesting
      trackwork around the Tribes Hill powerhouse. The trackage maps which
      PKL posted also reflect that.

      There are other references to the electric loco in the clipping file,
      mostly train orders which I suspect are for work train work. As PKL
      noted before, any freight movements were probably incidental to the
      passenger service.

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Not a lot of freight was handled but there are records of cars for Amsterdam
        (must have been on the west end) and the Hair Mill (Parkhurst, at Harrison
        St. Gloversville). Electric locomotive Number 1 would be dispatched when
        necessary to haul a freight movement.

        PKL