100 Years (and Three Days) Ago - Part 1

  • glenn_j_williams
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2002
      From the Bob Bedford clipping file:

      April 30, 1902 - CAR JUMPED THE TRACK - Car No. 20 of the local line,
      in charge of Motorman Russ and Conductor Devendorf, while enroute to
      Gloversville from Johnstown yesterday was derailed while rounding the
      Simmons curve in the south end of Gloversville. The passengers were
      badly shaken up but none were injured.
    • cbrozek@rinstitute.org
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2002
        RE: [FJGRailroad] 100 Years (and Three Days) Ago - Part 1

        In today's day and age, in about a day or two we would be seeing multiple law suits stemming from this accident potentially bankrupting the FJ&G from the costs of litigation and settlement.

        CSB

        April 30, 1902 - CAR JUMPED THE TRACK - Car No. 20 of the local line,
        in charge of Motorman Russ and Conductor Devendorf, while enroute to
        Gloversville from Johnstown yesterday was derailed while rounding the
        Simmons curve in the south end of Gloversville.  The passengers were
        badly shaken up but none were injured.

        Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
        front doors, drawers, briefcases,
        padlocks, and more. On sale now!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/ehaLqB/Fg5DAA/Ey.GAA/DmVolB/TM

        in New York State at
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2002
          Where is Simmons Curve?

          gino

          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2002
            Where the Coca Cola bottling plant was located on South Main Street. The
            house originally on the sight was owned by Andrew Simmons, one of
            Gloversville's successful businessmen and one of the founders of the FJ&G.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2002
              Paul,

              Did you get my list?