More ICC Photos

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2000
      I uploaded another group of photos to the archive. Also removed the contact sheets
      since they take a lot of space and aren't very clear. Check out #108, the little electric
      station at Perry St. Still referred to as Chuck's Fairgrounds in photos from the
      1970's. Were there fairgrounds nearby? Trolley main ran down Miller St. Track
      was in place until early sixties. Maybe if you are local, you'll want to cruise the
      street and see if any artifacts are still evident. It's easy to pick out eye-hooks
      on old utility poles that held the overhead. Track section still remained in
      the sidewalk right near the Fairgrounds station. Wonder if it's still there.
      Saul
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2000
        Saul,

        I will have to check on the eye-hooks but I'm not sure the section of
        trolley rail still remains in the sidewalk. I remember it being there for
        years, but I think they did some work in there a few years back and it might
        have been taken out. I haven't checked lately but I will have to take a
        look next time I'm home.

        They just put an addition on the trolley station---looks like a garage with
        a big overhead door---looks like they want to park a vehicle of some kind in
        there. The addition covers over the side where the steam right-of-way was
        and is almost the size of the original building.

        -Aaron
      • GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2000
          Saul,

          I believe The Johnstown Fairgrounds were located near the corner of Miller
          and Perry streets. The Gloversville/Johnstown Railtrail ends right near
          the spot. Kings Junction wasn't too far from this either if I'm not
          mistaken. It may have been closer or near where present day Route 30a is.

          Gino
        • GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2000
            Is the trolley station we're talking about the old diner on Perry Street?

            Gino
          • Saul Kalbfeld
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2000
              I uploaded #127 through #142 to the Onelist Archive. Check them out.
              My TIF scans are better
              quality, but as I said, they use up too much space. I'd like to put
              then whole collection on a CD-ROM later in the year. Soon as the pain
              of buying the film scanner wears off, maybe I'll buy a CD-ROM burner.
              Saul
            • GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2000
                Saul,

                Is it still possible to get those tiffs?