Re: FJGRR.com

  • glenn_j_williams
    Message 1 of 48 , Apr 1 11:30 AM
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
      > [snip]
      > I'll tell you this, I'm
      > not gonna pay to register
      > it again! I'm a little upset
      > that this business folded as
      > soon as I get my dream of
      > FJGRR.com!
      >
      > Oh well...
      >
      > Gino

      Gino,

      Walt can correct me on this, but the registration of your domain name
      [FJRR.com] is separate from the issue of who hosts your website.

      The domain name is yours for the duration of the 'lease' payment you
      made. Website hosting is a different bag of snakes.

      Glenn
    • Richard Finn
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 3, 2003
        Gino, nice going. Thank you for your efforts and success.

        FYI, and for any who may be interested, there is a New York Central web site.  It is operated by the New York Central System Historical Society.  The address is:    www.nychsh.org/

        Rich

        "Dicarlo, Gino" wrote:

         Hello all!

        FJGRR.com is up and running again!  What a pain!  Some pages like the
        Broadalbin Page
        still have to be uploaded, but the majority is there!  I hope I didn't lose
        too many visitors in
        the time it was gone!  I thought about throwing it all away, but I love the
        fact that it gives the
        FJG a home on the net.  Heck, I don't even thing the New York Central has
        has an official
        site on the web!

        If at all possible, I will always try to have a place for the FJG on the
        web!  Thanks for being
        here with me!

        I'm gonna go get a cup of coffee in celebration of the event!

        Gino

        Webmaster Again for FJGRR.COM