Re: [FJGRailroad] Preferences Reset

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2002
      Glenn, thanks. Perhaps now I'll stop getting much of the crap that comes
      through.

      Paul

      >From: "glenn_j_williams" <103424.2304@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Preferences Reset
      >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:57:33 -0000
      >
      >From another Yahoo group:
      >
      >Yahoo "has apparently reset EVERYONE'S email, mail and telephone
      >marketing preferences to 'Yes' for everything.
      >
      >"Unless that what you want [snip] here's how to fix it:
      > - click on Account Info [upper right]
      > - logon in with your Yahoo account/password
      > - in mid-page, click on 'Edit your marketing preferences'
      >
      >"Check out all the stuff they've made as 'Yes' options, including
      >email, and, way down at the bottom, US mail and Via Phone.
      >
      >"I changed all my stuff to 'No' and used the 'edit' to delete my
      >telephone number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at the
      >bottom to save these settings."
      >
      > Glenn

    • dowens15228
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Thanks Glenn. The last thing any of us need is more spam mail from
        Yahoo and its advertisers!

        I think there is a matter of ethics involved here. If I say "NO" to
        the questions about receiving "valuable offers ...", then what makes
        Yahoo think that means yes?

        Dan Owens
      • Malcolm Horton
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          What Account info and account password should I use to change my "marketing preferences"? I have been getting a mountain high pile of unwanted e-mails recently.  Man thanks for the advice and help.

          Malcolm Horton

          Glenn, thanks.  Perhaps now I'll stop getting much of the crap that comes
          through.

          Paul

          >From: "glenn_j_williams" <103424.2304@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Preferences Reset
          >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:57:33 -0000
          >
          >From another Yahoo group:
          >
          >Yahoo "has apparently reset EVERYONE'S email, mail and telephone
          >marketing preferences to 'Yes' for everything.
          >
          >"Unless that what you want [snip] here's how to fix it:
          >      - click on Account Info [upper right]
          >      - logon in with your Yahoo account/password
          >      - in mid-page, click on 'Edit your marketing preferences'
          >
          >"Check out all the stuff they've made as 'Yes' options, including
          >email, and, way down at the bottom, US mail and Via Phone.
          >
          >"I changed all my stuff to 'No' and used the 'edit' to delete my
          >telephone number.  Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at the
          >bottom to save these settings."
          >
          >      Glenn

          Access Your PC from Anywhere
          Full setup in 2 minutes! - Free Download
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pmECdA/2XkDAA/DIxGAA/DmVolB/TM

          in New York State at
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

        • glenn_j_williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Malcolm Horton" <mdhorton@m...> wrote:
            > What Account info and account password should I use to change
            my "marketing preferences"? I have been getting a mountain high pile
            of unwanted e-mails recently. Man thanks for the advice and help.

            > Malcolm Horton

            Malcolm,

            The member name you should use is "victoravery2001", as this is what
            you use to sign onto Yahoo. The corresponding password should also
            be used.

            From there, you can use the instructions I posted.

            Glenn