Preferences Reset

  • glenn_j_williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2002
      From another Yahoo group:

      Yahoo "has apparently reset EVERYONE'S email, mail and telephone
      marketing preferences to 'Yes' for everything.

      "Unless that what you want [snip] here's how to fix it:
      - click on Account Info [upper right]
      - logon in with your Yahoo account/password
      - in mid-page, click on 'Edit your marketing preferences'

      "Check out all the stuff they've made as 'Yes' options, including
      email, and, way down at the bottom, US mail and Via Phone.

      "I changed all my stuff to 'No' and used the 'edit' to delete my
      telephone number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at the
      bottom to save these settings."

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2002
        Glenn, thanks. Perhaps now I'll stop getting much of the crap that comes
        through.

        Paul

        >From: "glenn_j_williams" <103424.2304@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Preferences Reset
        >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:57:33 -0000
        >
        >From another Yahoo group:
        >
        >Yahoo "has apparently reset EVERYONE'S email, mail and telephone
        >marketing preferences to 'Yes' for everything.
        >
        >"Unless that what you want [snip] here's how to fix it:
        > - click on Account Info [upper right]
        > - logon in with your Yahoo account/password
        > - in mid-page, click on 'Edit your marketing preferences'
        >
        >"Check out all the stuff they've made as 'Yes' options, including
        >email, and, way down at the bottom, US mail and Via Phone.
        >
        >"I changed all my stuff to 'No' and used the 'edit' to delete my
        >telephone number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at the
        >bottom to save these settings."
        >
        > Glenn

      • dowens15228
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          Thanks Glenn. The last thing any of us need is more spam mail from
          Yahoo and its advertisers!

          I think there is a matter of ethics involved here. If I say "NO" to
          the questions about receiving "valuable offers ...", then what makes
          Yahoo think that means yes?

          Dan Owens
        • Malcolm Horton
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            What Account info and account password should I use to change my "marketing preferences"? I have been getting a mountain high pile of unwanted e-mails recently.  Man thanks for the advice and help.

            Malcolm Horton

            Glenn, thanks.  Perhaps now I'll stop getting much of the crap that comes
            through.

            Paul

            >From: "glenn_j_williams" <103424.2304@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Preferences Reset
            >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:57:33 -0000
            >
            >From another Yahoo group:
            >
            >Yahoo "has apparently reset EVERYONE'S email, mail and telephone
            >marketing preferences to 'Yes' for everything.
            >
            >"Unless that what you want [snip] here's how to fix it:
            >      - click on Account Info [upper right]
            >      - logon in with your Yahoo account/password
            >      - in mid-page, click on 'Edit your marketing preferences'
            >
            >"Check out all the stuff they've made as 'Yes' options, including
            >email, and, way down at the bottom, US mail and Via Phone.
            >
            >"I changed all my stuff to 'No' and used the 'edit' to delete my
            >telephone number.  Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at the
            >bottom to save these settings."
            >
            >      Glenn

            Access Your PC from Anywhere
            Full setup in 2 minutes! - Free Download
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/pmECdA/2XkDAA/DIxGAA/DmVolB/TM

            in New York State at
            http://ny.existingstations.com/

          • glenn_j_williams
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
              --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Malcolm Horton" <mdhorton@m...> wrote:
              > What Account info and account password should I use to change
              my "marketing preferences"? I have been getting a mountain high pile
              of unwanted e-mails recently. Man thanks for the advice and help.

              > Malcolm Horton

              Malcolm,

              The member name you should use is "victoravery2001", as this is what
              you use to sign onto Yahoo. The corresponding password should also
              be used.

              From there, you can use the instructions I posted.

              Glenn