Re: [FJGRailroad] Weekly Rail Recap for the Week Ending Saturday, March 23, 2002

  • leedarshi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2002
      (MON) CSX launched a week-long maintenance blitz on its line between New
      Orleans, LA. and Flomaton, AL.  CSX assigned more than 700
      maintenance-of-way employees to the project and rerouted trains around the line segment being worked on, including Amtrak's Sunset Limited, which substituted bus service
      between New Orleans and Orlando, FL.  Later in the week, the reroutes and substitutions were extended until April 1, when a bridge on the line caught fire near Rigolets, LA. (ffd: CSX, CRTS)

      Hi y'all,
      It isn't often when I get a chance to say "I've been there!" or "I've done that!" Well, when I was in the Navy and going to school in Pensacola, Florida, I came home one Christmas on trains. When I got to the train station in Penscola, they were charging up the batteries, so the lights were very dim. Then the train rolled out of the station up to Flomaton, Alabama. Wow! Did I feel I was out in the middle of nowhere! And there was snow! I did not know that it ever snowed south of the Mason-Dixon line.

      Gino, I enjoy reading the weekly recap!

      Lee