Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: "Steam and Trolley Days" by David F. Nestle

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      Dan, that's great. You got it at a good price too. Someone had a copy at
      the meeting the other night and had paid a bit more at one of the shows. It
      was the second printing with the map in the back cover (Not having the map
      is no loss). In that book are the seeds of what got me started researching
      the FJ&G, probably Walt too. Dave Nestle was planning to publish a
      centennial volume but was undercut when Bill Gordon republished Dave's work
      in his book Trolleys Down the Mohawk. My research started while I was in
      High School to provide a solid roster for the planned book as well as
      digging out personal stories. What I am doing now is more than that volume
      was to be, but it will be the fulfillment of that goal, nevertheless.

      Paul