Unadilla Valley RR

  • mike engle
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
      Just want to let everyone know that Since I'm close to New Berlin now,
      (I'm in sidney, NY) I am gonna check in on the Unadilla Valley Railroad fans
      meeting, held this monday at the New Berlin library at 7pm. It doesn't hurt
      that my favorite diner is just north of New Berlin. =)

      Mike Engle

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
        Mike-Give me a call sometime.You live only 3 miles from me.If you drive
        up Rt.8,you still can see bits&pieces of the Unadilla Valley
        railbed.Mark
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
          Mike,

          Ah, The Unadilla Valley! That's one of the maps I printed out! I love
          that railroad! I see that their Historical Society sells a book about
          it's history, I've got to get one sometime!

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
            Mark,

            What kind of pieces are left of the UVRR? You can always find great
            steam pictures of that line at train shows...

          • mwilber@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
              Gino-Well not exactly pieces.but part of the railbed.I would like to
              walk that bed sometime with a metal detector.Might find some tie nails
              with early dates on them.Mark