RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: "Steam and Trolley Days" by David F. Nestle

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 11:25 AM
      Congratulations Dan! Good acquisition!

      From: dowens15228 [mailto:supportone@...]
      Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 2:17 PM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: "Steam and Trolley Days" by David F. Nestle

      Thanks for the "heads up" Paul. After reading your message, I bid on
      the book ( a 1958 edition) and I have received e-mail from E-Bay that
      I was the successful bidder.

      Dan Owens
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 3:33 PM
        Dan, that's great. You got it at a good price too. Someone had a copy at
        the meeting the other night and had paid a bit more at one of the shows. It
        was the second printing with the map in the back cover (Not having the map
        is no loss). In that book are the seeds of what got me started researching
        the FJ&G, probably Walt too. Dave Nestle was planning to publish a
        centennial volume but was undercut when Bill Gordon republished Dave's work
        in his book Trolleys Down the Mohawk. My research started while I was in
        High School to provide a solid roster for the planned book as well as
        digging out personal stories. What I am doing now is more than that volume
        was to be, but it will be the fulfillment of that goal, nevertheless.

        Paul