Heeswick

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2000
      The home was operated as a restaurant by Frank J. Izzo in the early sixties. I don't know
      who actually owned it. When I was a kid in the late forties most of the gardens
      and trails on the property could still be seen and walked over, although it was
      totally overgrown and abandoned. The house had such a bad end, what a shame. It's
      achitectural style matched the depot, to a degree, and also the old golf course
      clubhouse and proshop, which I assume are long gone. If the house was owned by
      the railroad it's specs were probably included in the 1928 Survey in the volume
      which included Sacandaga Park.

      Also...
      I'll put up some more ICC photos, without the frames which will save me some
      set up time. I'll take down the contact sheets which are hard to see and take
      up a lot of space.

      Saul