Re: [FJGRailroad] FJG/DO boxcarsin Mexico

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
      We recieve cars back from Mexico with holes cut through the sides, I am
      told that they hide in them to get across the border and then chop their
      way out through the car wall with hatchets or axes once they feel they
      are far enough into the United States. With modern heat sensing devices,
      night vision, and G.E. now working on hand held x-ray guns for use at
      borders and airports that will reveal weapons or devices under the
      clothing, skin, or genitals, I am surprised that we do not put an end to
      such things.

      Steve Myers

      .

      On Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:09:59 -0500 "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
      writes:
      > It has been said that four families could take up residence in the hi
      > cube
      > auto parts cars. There is a reason US railroads would not allow
      > their box
      > cars to go into Mexico. I'm not sure now whether these prohibitions
      > still
      > exist. Cars that went into Mexico too often didn't return. The
      > delivering
      > carrier would then be responsible for the car.
      >
      > Perhaps someone more intimately associated with the freight traffic
      > situation today can fill in the current status on the Mexican
      > border.
      > PKL
      >

      > >From: Gino & Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
      > >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJG/DO boxcars
      > >Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:29:31 -0500
      > >
      > >No, that's what they do with old Brill-Bullet Cars!
      > >
      > >Gino
      > >
      > > > From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
      > > > Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJG/DO boxcars
      > > >
      > > > Right. Friction bearing journals have been barred from
      > interchange for
      > > > several years now. I was thinking they were probably cut up or
      > sent to
      > > > Mexico for use as dwellings.
      > > >
      > > > PKL

      > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
        I was told those holes were either for windows or where the stove pipe went
        out.

        PKL