Doubleclick ads

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2000
      Thought that I would forward this from another list I'm on. It is a
      warning about Doubleclick, one of the advertisers on Onelist. I've
      started to receive spam from Korea stating "Thank you for posting....",
      is this where they got my name?

      Paul

      It was recently reported that DoubleClick, who plants cookies on our
      computers, has entered into an arrangement with 10 major sites to
      quietly
      take your name, address, and other personal information when you sign on
      any of these sites. Learn more of the disturbing details and Opt-out of

      DoubleClick at this site.

      Opt Out
      http://www.cdt.org/action/doubleclick.shtml

      <><><><><><><><>

      The best teachers have a special gift for putting a fresh face on the
      same
      old material. If you found chemistry dull and boring in high school,
      this
      site may change your mind. It is one of the most interesting and
      visually
      stunning sites we have ever reviewed.

      The Royal Society of Chemistry has created a fascinating virtual look
      into
      the Periodic Table of Elements. The site offers an original artistic
      interpretation of each element, information on its history, electron
      configuration and current uses.

      Periodic Table - (Flash and HTML Versions)
      http://www.chemsoc.org/viselements/pages/page3.html

      The HTML version of the table:
      http://www.chemsoc.org/viselements/pages/pertable_j.htm

      <><><><><><><><>

      It was recently reported that DoubleClick, who plants cookies on our
      computers, has entered into an arrangement with 10 major sites to
      quietly
      take your name, address, and other personal information when you sign on
      any of these sites. Learn more of the disturbing details and Opt-out of

      DoubleClick at this site.

      Opt Out
      http://www.cdt.org/action/doubleclick.shtml

      <><><><><><><><>

      Ever gone to the kitchen for a snack and returned to find that your
      computer had crashed or had newly damaged files? Could your cat be the
      culprit?

      PawSense
      http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/index.html

      <><><><><><><><>

      The Turn of the Century is a site that reminds us of how charming the
      19th
      century was by offering an alluring atmosphere that's informative and
      light
      hearted. From Victorian romance etiquette, to important 19th Century
      news
      items accompanied by ragtime music, this site bridges the gap between
      this
      and the previous century.

      Turn of the Century
      http://www.stormi.com/

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

      If you enjoy eating Chinese, Thai, Indian, Korean or Japanese food,
      you'll
      enjoy your visit to this fascinating site about Asian cooking.

      Asian Recipes contains a wealth of information from eastern countries
      ranging from China to Bangladesh on such topics as food ingredients,
      equipment, herbs, recipes, main dishes and sauces. Be sure to feast your

      eyes on the herbal remedies.

      Asian Recipes
      http://www.asiarecipe.com/

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

      Visit the complete archive of all previous Tricks and Trinkets at
      http://tricksandtrinkets.com/archives.htm

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

      Many of our current western ideals in politics, philosophy, science and
      drama were shaped by the ancient Greeks in the fourth and fifth
      centuries
      BC. This truly astounding time in history has been captured by PBS in
      this
      breathtaking site.

      The Greeks: Crucible of Civilization, was completed in November 1999.
      This
      site was a three-year project involving a production team that drew from

      both traditional documentary television and new media technologies. Be
      sure to view the animated likenesses of the Parthenon, tour Athens
      through
      the interactive map and find out what you would have been in Athens
      given
      your current social and economic status.

      PBS Series The Greeks (Flash and HTML Versions)
      http://www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

      Growing up in New Jersey, I have vivid memories of my father's pet
      store,
      which at the time boasted the largest collection of tropical fish in the

      US. If he were alive he would have loved this site.

      Fishbase includes everything you would ever want to know about our
      aquatic
      friends but were afraid to ask. Search the Fishbase by common name,
      genus
      type, species or alphabetically for information such as the size,
      climate
      zone, family, environment and biology of a particular fish. A
      fascinating
      site for both research scientists and amateur fishmongers alike.

      Fishbase - Fishy Encyclopedia
      http://www.fishbase.org/