Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Prospecting in the woods, Sandbank etc

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 1, 2002
      I've already got one picked out in another area, on another railroad.
      For me, it's a great adventure to walk down the old HT&W or NYC Aqueduct
      and search for forgotten clues, and items that show a railroad was once
      there. Even to look at the leveling and rock cuts amazes me at the
      amount of muscle that went into building these right of ways. I hope
      people leave some things intact for future generations to explore but too
      many things end up like the beautiful weathervane that was atop the B & M
      White River Junction station. I was wondering if any of us want to get
      together in the spring and walk a portion of the trolley line here in
      Scotia and then the old sandbank yard. If we want to do a little digging
      at the site of the old roundhouse, I'm all for it. I am told that bells
      and things were burried there by the NYC, if it be true, it would be
      great to find something. It's fun to explore, it's fun even to find an
      old switch lock, bottle, key, arrow head, of bygone days.

      Steve Myers

      .
      .

    • dowens15228