NYC mileposts

  • MJC 49
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Conrail re-numbered all of the mileposts on the Selkirk Branch (former West
      Shore) in 1984. Not sure exactly where...Hoboken?? Now, the mileposts
      begin in Stuyvesant and end in Hoffmans (MP 42). Maybe by any stroke of
      luck, one is still lying in the weeds somewhere.

      I know this is going off topic quite a bit, but a friend of mine has a
      picture of an E8 on the point of an Amtrak train going through South
      Schenectady yard. The milepost in the shot is 152 (currently its MP 32).
      Interesting picture because Amtrak stopped running up the branch in 1978!

      ************
      Here's a somewhat current Fonda shot that has a little FJ&G charm. It's
      Amtrak 48 running right on time.

      http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/images/photos/amtk42-2.jpg

      MJC

      From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Prospecting in the woods, Sandbank etc
      Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:09:03 -0500

      I would like to get a couple of the old NYC mileposts. They are concrete,
      large and most all have been supplanted by the reflectorized ones. These
      are not museum material.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
        Whats the box car on the FJG line? Mark
      • MJC 49
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
          "Conrail re-numbered all of the mileposts on the Selkirk Branch (former West
          Shore) in 1984. Not sure exactly where...Hoboken?? Now, the mileposts
          begin in Stuyvesant and end in Hoffmans (MP 42). Maybe by any stroke of
          luck, one is still lying in the weeds somewhere."

          This SHOULD of read:

          Conrail re-numbered all of the mileposts on the Selkirk Branch (former West
          Shore) in 1984. Not sure exactly where the mileposts started...Hoboken??

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
            They are right in front of the old engine shed. I believe they are actual
            FJ&G cars. Am I correct???

            MJC

            From: mwilber@...
            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] NYC mileposts
            Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:14:23 -0500 (EST)

            Whats the box car on the FJG line? Mark

          • choochoo1802@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
              Where is MP 115? I need it out front in my yard for my street address.
              Mark
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
                One half mile north of Hudson station on the Hudson Div. Lots of company
                there.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
                  Maybe I'll try on the Southern Tier, MP 115 is in the boondocks. Mark
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                    Those are ex-PC/FJG freight cars in Fonda! I don't know why there were
                    abandoned
                    there! I would like to know. Does anyone know who owns the engine house
                    now?

                    Gino

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                      There is also an FJG/LASB boxcar in Gloversville on the Broad Street
                      spur...