More on 30a Rail Spur

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2000
      The distance of Rt30a from Fifth Ave. to E. State was really pretty wild. We were
      12 yr olds on bikes hanging around the job. I was amazed by stakes here and
      there with ribbons on them. It was hard to believe that was to be a highway.
      Anyway, when the siding went in it looked beautiful. new ties and straight rails.
      It looked better than the main. It was in for a year. I don't know if they
      put in long turnout ties at the switch.
      Saul