Thanks Gino for the idea

  • skalbfel@ix.netcom.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
      I'm a Gloversville native but I've been in Michigan 30 years. Unfortunately
      I no longer have any relatives in my hometown but I still have a close attachment.
      This year is my 40th GHS reunion and I am looking forward to coming to that event. My parents
      had a cottage in Sacandaga Park. I spent a lot of time at the depot while it was still
      an FJ&G property. I remember the orange auto stages that took the place of the
      train but still carried mail and passengers into the mid fifties. I went to
      Kingboro school half way through the 4th grade when Boulevard School opened.
      Our class used to walk to Darling field to use the playground equipment once
      in a while. When we crossed the FJ&G tracks on Kingsboro Ave, I was always
      hopeful to see a train. The little station was still there but it had been closed
      and us kids kept away because of the wasps. I remember #30 and one or two coal
      hoppers being spotted at the coal company right at the crossing.

      Saul
    • GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2000
        Thanks for participating Saul! That was a little bit of a walk going from
        Boulevard to Darling Field!