To all Subscribers

  • GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2000
      From: HYDRA::GDICARLO "GINO DICARLO (QUAD GRAPHICS, SARATOGA)" 6-FEB-2000 19:40:49.58
      To: FJFRAILROAD@...
      CC: GDICARLO
      Subj: Unknown subscribe

      Hi everyone,

      I think what Paul and Randy are talking about is the user profiles with
      Onelist being left blank. Most of us here have all our info, age, where
      we live, just a little about us. If you are affraid that your info will
      be used for marketers to send you spam, know that Onelist does not solicit
      our profiles to anyone!!! Your info will only be known to the group!!!

      I'm gonna start a little thread here just to let everyone know alittle
      bit about myself, just because we have some new members. I encourage
      everyone on the list to do the same....

      My name is Gino DiCarlo and I'm the moderator of this list! I am 34 years
      old and I live in Saratoga Springs, New York. I have been a fan of the FJG
      ever since I received the August 1979 issue of Model Railroader. I read
      the article and was hooked. I moved to Gloversville a few years later
      and my interest grew even more. I walked the FJG to and from school and
      watched the diesels go by. I always thought they were going to fall off
      the tracks! I started a collection of photos and memorabilia with the
      help of the late author, Dave Nestle about 15 years ago. The result of
      my collection is displayed on my web-page. I started this list so that
      railfans from all over could talk railroading, modeling and the FJG.
      Anything to do with rails! For example, What the hell does CSX stand for?
      You can ask that too! Now don't be shy, get involved! There are no stupid
      questions, ask away! We have some FJG experts as well as railroad experts
      on this list, most questions are answered! Paul Larner is a lifelong
      railroad man and he knows it inside out! Pick his brain! Aaron Keller
      is big rail fan and has done tons of research for the FJG and for many
      Northeast railroads. He also writes for Railpace magazine. He knows
      a ton. Also, we have Randy Decker on the list who is the author of a
      book on the FJG. The second printing is coming soon and he hopes to write
      a book on Sacandaga Park. So there's plenty to write about! Sorry to
      ramble on and on, but you guys (and ladies) get the idea.

      Please, everyone subscribed to the list should send a message and tell us
      a little about your self, and your interests in railroading! Don't be
      shy, we're all good down-home people...

      Gino DiCarlo
      List moderator and web-master