Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: trolleys to Chicago

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 4, 2002
      When I was in Luxemborg, I rode LRV's that where like the ones in Boston.
      When I rode the train to Buffalo in 1980 and slept with the rats in
      Buffalo Central Terminal, there was no subway or trolley. I love the old
      Buffalo Building, what a station !

      Steve Myers
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Knixrule1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 4, 2002
        The Cog railroad was owned by the Boston and Maine Railroad for a while.
        There is also a cog on Pikes Peak in Colorado.

        Steve Myers
        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • dowens15228
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 4, 2002
          Gino:

          Yeah, Mt Washington in New Hampshire is a real mountain. Ours in
          Pittsburgh looks high because it's next to the river, and the angle
          is steep, but the US Steel Building (64 stories high) is higher.

          As a joke, some people have bumper stickers that say "This car
          climbed Mount Washington".

          Dan Owens