Re: [FJGRailroad] newspaper blurbs

  • Lee Morelli
    Message 1 of 58 , Jan 2, 2002
      I enjoy reading this stuff. Is there a map of the streetcar routes in Johnstown & Gloversville and their connection to Schenectady? Does anyone know if there was any connection to the west, say to Utica?

      >>> speigletown@... 1/1/02 1:19:05 PM >>>
      quick newspaper blurbs from looking for the Opening of the Miss Johnstown
      Diner.

      July 1926

      10th - lightning hits belt line car in gloversville at 9pm. at 5th Ave and
      North Blvd. Mrs Anna Brown severely injured. "Tony" Haberbush, driver,
      shocked but quickly recovers

      also, a Laundry Truck, driven by George Girard collided with a belt line
      trolley on Main St.

      11th Freight Engine #14 built by AlCo for $26,000

      15th commentary about abandoning of upper Vrooman Ave in Amsterdam, and
      something about how it will effect the paving of the road.

      20th - Vestibules of Limited Car #106 & a one man car #508 of Schenectady
      Railway co are damaged at 7am at Church and State in Schenectady.

      Let me know if stories like these are of interest to people. I'm going to
      be continuing to go through the papers(in February) to find the Miss
      johnstown Diner Article, and i'll jot these down if anyone would like.

      Mike

      Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
      http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

      in New York State at