RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: The GTE and #20

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
      Walt,

      I'm not sure if it's New Jersey for sure! It's most certainly not Fonda,
      Johnstown or Gloversville!
      It also says 1984 and I'm pretty sure 20 was gone by then! I also don't
      think it's Utica! The other
      shot I have is Honesdale because it has it printed on the slide! I'll try
      to get scans of them and
      put up on the list! Speaking of #20, I was going through some of the
      pictures I have of the DO/FJG
      and a note on one of the pictures marked Summer 1976 says that the builder
      plate was stolen
      off of the engine over the weekend in the Gloversville Yard! Anyone else
      heard of this? I'll try to
      get more info!

      Gino

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2001
        Gino-I believe #20 ended up in NJ after leaving the FJG. Mark
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2001
          Mark,

          20 and 21 both ended up in New Jersey. I'm not sure if they made it at the
          time together. One
          might have gotten there before the other. I've seen pictures of 20 or 21
          somewhere in Southern
          New York in the mid 80's...

          Gino

          > ----------

        • fjg1870
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
            Mark,

            20 and 21 both ended up in New Jersey. ...

            Gino,

            Reportedly, either 20 and/or 21 was used to restore NYS&W #206 S2
            switcher. I've heard this from several sources, but have never been
            able to confirm it. Mark, do you know anyone at Little Ferry that
            worked on NYS&W 206, or was this done by some outside source.

            Walt
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2001
              Aaron knows what parts were used from 20 & 21 on NYS&W engines!

            • mwilber@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2001
                Walt-I believe the work was done by our mech. crew in Little Ferry.I
                remember seeing the 206 down in the shop with #20. I'll try to get an
                answer by tommorrow. Mark