The GTE

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
      The Great Northeast Train Extravaganza is this week, isn't it? I'll be
      there
      on Sunday, hope to some of you! Anyone know when it starts?

      Gino
    • Walt Danylak
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
        The Great Northeast Train Extravaganza is this week, isn't it? I'll
        be there on Sunday, hope to some of you! Anyone know when it starts?

        Gino

        Gino,

        The GTE is this coming Sunday, December 2. Starts at 10:00 am.
        Admission is $5.00.

        Walt
      • Lee Morelli
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
          I don't expect to cross the state to attend, but where is it to be held?

          >>> waltdanylak@... 11/30/01 11:49:37 AM >>>
          --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
          The Great Northeast Train Extravaganza is this week, isn't it? I'll
          be there on Sunday, hope to some of you! Anyone know when it starts?

          Gino

          Gino,

          The GTE is this coming Sunday, December 2. Starts at 10:00 am.
          Admission is $5.00.

          Walt

          Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
          http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

          in New York State at
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Lee Morelli" <Morelli@c...> wrote:
            I don't expect to cross the state to attend, but where is it to be
            held?

            Lee,

            The GTE is held at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center, better
            known as the Egg, in Albany. There's an exit off I787 directly to the
            parking area for the Egg. Show hours 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.

            Walt
          • Knixrule1@juno.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
              Why do they do the great train show near Christmas when I never have any
              money ?

              Steve Myers
              GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
            • Dick Ryall
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
                Hope you guys will tell us about it...dick

                Walt Danylak wrote:

                > --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Lee Morelli" <Morelli@c...> wrote:
                > I don't expect to cross the state to attend, but where is it to be
                > held?
                >
                > Lee,
                >
                > The GTE is held at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center, better
                > known as the Egg, in Albany. There's an exit off I787 directly to the
                > parking area for the Egg. Show hours 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.
                >
                > Walt

              • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 30, 2001
                  See you there Walt! I hope to be there around 11am!

                  Gino

                  > From: "Walt Danylak" <waltdanylak@...>
                  > Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:49:37 -0000
                  > To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: The GTE
                  >
                  > --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@c...> wrote:
                  > The Great Northeast Train Extravaganza is this week, isn't it? I'll
                  > be there on Sunday, hope to some of you! Anyone know when it starts?
                  >
                  > Gino
                  >
                  > Gino,
                  >
                  > The GTE is this coming Sunday, December 2. Starts at 10:00 am.
                  > Admission is $5.00.
                  >
                  > Walt

                • Walt Danylak
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 2, 2001
                    --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Dick Ryall <dryall@p...> wrote:
                    Hope you guys will tell us about it...dick

                    Dick & The Group,

                    What I consider the find of the GTE was a photo of #9 sitting on a
                    siding by itself in Wesleyville, PA (just north of Erie, PA) taken in
                    December 1950. Missing from #9 is the number plate, builder plate,
                    bell & main rod. This more or less confirms what Rand Warner's
                    journal said about either #8 or #9 breaking down while being shipped
                    to Ohio to be scrapped.

                    This photo is available from Bob's Photo, 37 Spring Street, Ansonia,
                    CT 06401, 203-734-6666. Bob does not own a computer so the only way
                    to contact him is by mail or phone. He will have more copies of this
                    photo at the Springfield, MA show in February.

                    Walt
                  • Randy & Lorraine
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 2, 2001
                      Walt were the two engines scraped at near the same time?? in 1950 at the
                      same location??
                      > Hope you guys will tell us about it...dick
                      >
                      > Dick & The Group,
                      >
                      > What I consider the find of the GTE was a photo of #9 sitting on a
                      > siding by itself in Wesleyville, PA (just north of Erie, PA) taken in
                      > December 1950. Missing from #9 is the number plate, builder plate,
                      > bell & main rod. This more or less confirms what Rand Warner's
                      > journal said about either #8 or #9 breaking down while being shipped
                      > to Ohio to be scrapped.
                      >
                      > This photo is available from Bob's Photo, 37 Spring Street, Ansonia,
                      > CT 06401, 203-734-6666. Bob does not own a computer so the only way
                      > to contact him is by mail or phone. He will have more copies of this
                      > photo at the Springfield, MA show in February.
                      >
                      > Walt

                      http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

                    • Walt Danylak
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 2, 2001
                        --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Randy & Lorraine" <rldecker@s...> wrote:
                        Walt were the two engines scraped at near the same time?? in 1950 at
                        the same location??

                        Randy,

                        Both were sold for scrap in December 1950 and shipped to Ohio. Re-
                        read message 4435 for more details from Rand Warner's journal.

                        Walt
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 4, 2001
                          Yes Walt, that picture of #9 on her way to the scrap heap is priceless! I
                          will try ro post her
                          soon so the group can see it! I found a couple FJG and FJG related slides
                          at the show! I
                          also picked up the CACV/DH Thrall Car! She looks great. Can anyone tell me
                          if those cars
                          came to the CACV when the D & H owned her and if the D & H logos were just
                          painted over
                          after they sold the line? I like the way they look, but I've never seen
                          them with the D & H
                          logos in any pictures! I picked up a couple of slides of S2 # 20. One in
                          Hoensdale and
                          another in Jersey I think! The date is 1984 on it, but no location. I also
                          picked up a slide
                          of LASB 102 in Maroon and Gold and of 101 in Susquehanna paint. Is this the
                          same 101 as
                          CNYK 101?

                          Gino

                          > ----------

                        • Walt Danylak
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 4, 2001
                            --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                            ... I picked up a couple of slides of S2 # 20. One in Hoensdale and
                            another in Jersey I think! The date is 1984 on it, but no location.

                            Gino,

                            Can you post a slide in either the Files or Photo sections? I'd like
                            to see the photo of #20 in New Jersey.

                            Walt
                          • stevefjg20
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 5, 2001
                              Hi Gino,I looked for you at the show but couldn't find you.The
                              Alldoor cars were on the D&H for about two years before they went to
                              the CACV thats what i read about them maybe somebody else knows more?
                              When they got to CACV they painted out the D&H sheild i have a
                              picture somewere were you can see the sheild painted over.I saw Dave
                              R.at the show and he sold me a great black and white picture of 20 in
                              Broadalbin the picture was taken from the station platform at the
                              west end, 20 had two cars and a caboose.Heading for Mohawk furniture
                              great picture.

                              Steve

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Dick Ryall
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 5, 2001
                                Some how you guys always miss each other at all traim events, suggest
                                you l. agree beforhand where and when to meet, and 2 wear somting
                                distinctive, or 3 carry a rose in your teeth (other folks will probably
                                call attention to seeing orther such characters floting about....

                                stevefjg20 wrote:

                                > Hi Gino,I looked for you at the show but couldn't find you.The
                                > Alldoor cars were on the D&H for about two years before they went to
                                > the CACV thats what i read about them maybe somebody else knows more?
                                > When they got to CACV they painted out the D&H sheild i have a
                                > picture somewere were you can see the sheild painted over.I saw Dave
                                > R.at the show and he sold me a great black and white picture of 20 in
                                > Broadalbin the picture was taken from the station platform at the
                                > west end, 20 had two cars and a caboose.Heading for Mohawk furniture
                                > great picture.
                                >
                                > Steve
                                >

                                > Walt, that picture of #9 on her way to the scrap heap is
                                > priceless! I
                                > > will try ro post her
                                > > soon so the group can see it! I found a couple FJG and FJG related
                                > slides
                                > > at the show! I
                                > > also picked up the CACV/DH Thrall Car! She looks great. Can
                                > anyone tell me
                                > > if those cars
                                > > came to the CACV when the D & H owned her and if the D & H logos
                                > were just
                                > > painted over
                                > > after they sold the line? I like the way they look, but I've never
                                > seen
                                > > them with the D & H
                                > > logos in any pictures! I picked up a couple of slides of S2 # 20.
                                > One in
                                > > Hoensdale and
                                > > another in Jersey I think! The date is 1984 on it, but no
                                > location. I also
                                > > picked up a slide
                                > > of LASB 102 in Maroon and Gold and of 101 in Susquehanna paint. Is
                                > this the
                                > > same 101 as
                                > > CNYK 101?
                                > >
                                > > Gino
                                > >
                                > > > ----------

                              • fjg1870
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 5, 2001
                                  --- In FJGRailroad@y..., Dick Ryall <dryall@p...> wrote:
                                  Some how you guys always miss each other at all traim events, suggest
                                  you l. agree beforhand where and when to meet, and 2 wear somting
                                  distinctive, or 3 carry a rose in your teeth (other folks will
                                  probably call attention to seeing orther such characters floting
                                  about....

                                  Dick,

                                  I saw everyone! All 3 of them, Gino, Steve and Dave. Where were the
                                  rest of you "local" guys?

                                  Walt
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 5, 2001
                                    Ahhhhh, that's the picture I was looking for! That is an awesome shot!
                                    That damn Dave Reffue,
                                    he got that picture in Syracuse then he buys them up at Albany! I asked him
                                    about that picture
                                    Sunday and he told me he didn't see any! I can't be too mad him because he
                                    sold me the picture
                                    of #9 in Pennsylvania! I'll yell at him anyways at the next Meeting in
                                    Gloversville! As for the
                                    DH/CACV All-Doors, I was wondering if the D & H had those cars when they
                                    owned the CACV!

                                    Gino

                                  • mwilber@webtv.net
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 5, 2001
                                      Walt-As of saturday afternoon I was ready to come up to Albany.By early
                                      saturday evening I found myself driving with a donut on the left rear
                                      wheel.I figure it was too far to drive with that.Hard to find a garage
                                      open on sunday mornings to get a new tire put on.How was the show? Mark