Re: [FJGRailroad] LASB

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
      Aaron,

      Where is there still rail on the CNYK? I know it isn't around Richfield
      Springs anymore! Is it still connected to the Susquehanna?

      Gino

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2001
        Aaron-Winter was very rough on the CNY.Snowdrifts galore! In the town of
        Columbia,north of Richfield Spa.,was the worst.Ive seen trains twice get
        so stuck that it took trackmen 2 days to shovel the train out.At times
        our snowplow was ineffective because of too much snow.Plus the plow was
        so light that we use to derail it often.One time one of our crews hit a
        broken rail and forced the engine to flip over on its side.One employee
        was hurt.Same guy I work with everyday now.That incident happen in North
        Bridgewater. I still have the WKTV news broadcast on it. Mark