NYS&W 104 on LASB

  • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      I was looking at an old copy of RR Update from 1985, and it said at
      the time both NYS&W 101 and 104 were on the LASB. Can anyone confirm
      this? It could be a mistake by the magazine. Mark W., would you have
      any idea if the 104 was ever on the LASB?
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        Mark-I dont recall it;but maybe I can ask around about it.I remember
        that one time there was a derailment and they had an excursion on the
        weekend,so they sent down another locomotive to help out.But I cant
        remember what unit it was.Maybe that was it. Mark W
      • mark_jacob2000@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          Mark W.,
          Tnaks for any info you can come up with. I'm trying to find out what
          units visted the LASB during it's existence to figure out which units
          I can use on the LASB on my layout and still have some basis in
          reality.

          On a related note, any idea if the "LASB 103", as it arrived on the
          FJ&G, was ever on the LASB or if it was shipped directly to the FJ&G?

          Thanks,
          Mark
        • mwilber@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
            Im pretty sure that the 103 was never used on the LASB. I remember the
            day we picked up the 103 in Fonda yard.But cant recall the exact date.
            Mark W